For the FIRST TIME in history, Solar Power is cheaper than fossil fuel.
According to a report in the World Economic Forum, Solar and wind energy are finally cheaper than fossil fuel capacity in more than 30 countries. Additionally, solar power prices are expected to decline to half the price of electricity from conventional sources within a couple of decades.
The reason solar-power generation will increasingly dominate: It’s a technology, not a fuel. As such, efficiency increases and prices fall as time goes on. Natural gas will still be needed for when the sun isn’t shining and the wind isn’t blowing, but even that will change as utility-scale batteries grow cheaper.
Solar Power’s affordability STILL NOT ENOUGH.
The installed price of solar energy has declined significantly in recent years as policy and market forces have driven more and more solar installations. But global investment in renewable energy still lags far behind levels needed to avoid potentially catastrophic global warming, according to the United Nations.
HELP Spread the Sunshine in New Hampshire!
Sign up NOW. Not only will you enjoy the rewards of having solar panels on your New Hampshire home, but you will contribute to the following:
- Your electric bill will be PAID by SunRay until your solar panels are installed.
- Enjoy ONGOING savings in your energy bill.
- PROTECT your environment by reducing the carbon footprint.
- Reduce our dependency on foreign energy.
- Supporting renewable energy in the U.S. helps to improve our economy by KEEPING MONEY and JOBS at home.
- ENJOY the benefits of solar tax credits.